Web-based Operations Logbook BTB
As a plant operator, your interests lie in optimizing work processes and using saving potential effectively. This can be achieved by keeping a database-supported, web-based operating logbook.
In the operations logbook BTB relevant data and malfunctions are documented, recorded and transparently shown so that preventable causes are identified and can be excluded. HAUK & SASKO’s operations logbook supports the operations team in the efficient handling of the system.
Modern web technology
Modern web technology offers the familiar ease of a web application such as:
- A desktop interface with partial applications
- Proposal lists (AutoSuggest) for input fields
- Flexible and customizable search interfaces
- Selection dialogues with its own search function
- Columns that may be adapted or hidden
- Multiple sorting in list views
- Filter and sorting functions that can be switched on or off using a convenient selection dialogue
Benefits of the web-based BTB
In a web-based system
- it is possible to access our operations log just like a web page,
- no separate BTB-specific client is needed and thus no additional user licenses are necessary,
- no updates from clients and therefore no associated administration efforts necessary,
- it is possible to bookmark, storing all settings from “find” to “show”. These bookmarks can be sent quickly and easily as e-mails to inform colleagues of system states or to store reretrievable individual views, searches, or entry dialogues,
- the backward – and forward navigation as it is known in browsers is also possible in BTB.
Data consistency and data security
Data consistency and data security that is achieved additionally by:
- The role membership, the access control rights for roles such as operations manager, shift manager, shift workers and maintenance staff
- The action log, which records “who has done what?”
- Check sums which prevents manipulation in all individual entries in the BTB
- The business logic that validates the entries (e.g., the sequence of “start” “synchronous”, “stop”)
Apart from the connection to BDATA or SAP-PM, the information management system UKIS can be integrated in the web-based Operations Logbook BTB. Further enhancements are, for example, a statistical and audit module and the specific sub-application “intraday trading”.