MBS Supply Chain Solutions
MBS Supply Chain Solutions module provides an IT tool for the business processes of trading, marketing and logistics companies. The areas of activity which this system supports include:
- Supply Chain Planning
- Logistics: vessel, barge, train, truck, pipeline, conveyor
- Inventory control
- Qualitative reviews/Analytics
- Contract settlement for commodities/freight/associated costs
- Audits and business reviews
- Data integration with trading systems
- Data integration with SAP or similar ERP/accounting applications
- E-Business applications (with material suppliers, hauliers etc.)
MBS tracks your material flow from procurement to settlement, from the place of origin to the final customer. No matter whether you move your commodities on ocean-going vessels, barges, road or rail transports, via pipelines or conveyor belts — MBS is an application that takes complete care of logistics and quality grades right through to the keeping of inventories.
Always up to date
All calculations are done in real time on the basis of best available data. You will receive precise information on quality grades, composition and delivery dates of every single delivery batch. There is no need for you to worry about the complex interrelations of this process. All information becomes available in real time directly to your screen, with minimal manual data input.
MBS captures data concerning contracts, deliveries and stocks. It also takes into account all costs incurred: material and fuel costs, freight rates, demurrage, handling fees, taxes, duties and other related costs, for instance agent’s commission or the costs of sampling. More complex transactions such as partial shipments to various destinations are also supported and will be completely displayed. MBS stores detailed contract terms which will be applied automatically in the contract’s settlement.
MBS allows the exchange of data of individual transactions with other systems via standard interfaces, including interfaces to Energy Trading and Risk Management Systems (ETRM systems) as well as data exchange with ERP and accounting systems. MBS thus fits seamlessly into your system landscape.
MBS Delivery and Shipping Automation
MBS supports a fully automated delivery management for incoming and outgoing materials such as biomass, ash, FGD gypsum, limestone or ammonia. The vehicle driver operates the weighbridge and loading station himself using only self-service terminals which also produce the receipts and paperwork. The solution is fully integrated with ERP/accounting systems for straight-through invoicing processes.
HAUK and SASKO provides turnkey solutions for you.
- Logistics software for incoming or outgoing deliveries for a wide range of materials
- Self-service terminals for lorry drivers including code card dispensers and printers
- Access control systems (RFID cards, bar code or magnetic cards)
- Gate control systems for road vehicles
- Integration of trade approved weighbridges
- On site traffic control and guidance
- Material access controls and integration of silo dosimeters
- Quality sampling solutions
- Full integration with existing accounting and invoicing software solutions
Driver-operated loading/unloading processing
MBS uses planning and scheduling data to identify road vehicles at the power station gate. The driver registers an arrival weight of the vehicle at a trade approved weighbridge with a self-service terminal. The system guides the driver to the loading dock or silo which also operates as a self-service facility. At the terminal for the weighbridge the driver receives the final weight notice and all necessary paperwork before leaving the power plant.The MBS solution for delivery and shipping automation captures incoming and outgoing materials electronically. The system integrates with commercial IT solutions in order to realize a fully automated system from planning to settlement.
Take advantage of the following benefits
- Fully integrated solution without any redundant data
- Improved transparency in operation
- Cost effective and highly automated
- Combines planning data with actual data
- Includes all paperwork for individual materials
- Fully integrated IT environment
- No redundant master data
- Timely data transfer from operations to accounting
Improve bulk terminal and oil jetty operations by using MBS
Capture information on vessels, owners and charterers along with detailed information on the voyage and the cargo. Coordinate vessel arrival and cargo transfer operations by using MBS to assign berths and schedule loading/unloading operations using vessel hatch plans, machinery availability and stockyard space. Our solutions support board-to-board unloading operations, transshipments from vessel to stockyard and multimodal logistics directly to the final destination using barges, railway or road vehicles.
Easy calculation of laytime with MBS
MBS provides functionality to calculate laytime, demurrage and despatch. Our software provides an easy-to-use interface to enter statement of facts and generate a detailed time sheet on the vessel activities. Based on the contract terms and the timesheet information, MBS calculates the demurrage or the despatch. The statement of facts and the laytime calculation can be shared by email or in print with counterparties.
MBS integrates information from various sources
MBS integrates information from various sources – including terminal control systems for data on crane and stockyard equipment positions, stockpile levels, silo and tank meters, conveyor belt scales and truck weighbridges. Sample information on bulk cargo can be added from external or internal laboratories. Based on the information on the port and the vessels, the user can schedule tasks and share data with importers, exporters, port agents, laboratories terminal operators and cargo carriers.